Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 3 - My dream job

Working for NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) is a dream of many people. When I was a teenager, my dream could not be any different. I wanted to pursue a career at NASA. I wanted to be an astronaut or a rocket engineer.

When I was eleven years old, my dad took me to Florida to visit DisneyWorld, and I begged him to take me to Cape Canaveral to visit the Kennedy Space Center, which is one of the various NASA Centers in the US opened to the general public.



I was delighted, and my dad was too! I took many pictures and paid close attention to everything the guides said; even tough I did not understand any English at that age. Staring at those huge rockets and complex computers, I wondered what I would have to do to get a job there. I would have to study a lot of Math, Engineering, Computer Science and English. At that time, I thought it would be a piece of cake! My dad was a Math teacher and also a computer programmer, so he could help me!

Many years went by and the only subject I managed to learn was English (well, at least one)! I quit dreaming about that job a long time ago. In fact, as time went by, I forgot about that dream... A pity, isn’t it? Well, not really! If I had become an astronaut, I wouldn’t be your English teacher right now and that would be really said, right?

Kennedy Space Center


Now, tell me about your dream job.
Did you have any dream jobs when you were a kid?
Also, tell as bit about your present job.
If you are a High School or College student, tell us about your plans for the future.

3 comments:

  1. My dream job When I was a teenager,was many,and one of them was be a journalist, singer, veterinary, dancer,I always loved animals so my true wish was to work at National Geograpics, because I thought that if I were a good journalist I could choice the place thar i'll want to live and I'll live abroad, meeting intersting people and my home would be in Africa, but I grew up and my dreams changed and I fall in love to Biologist and give up to be a journalist and to dedicate to study the animals life and teach Biology here in Cuiabá.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinary to help animals.... after, I wanted to be a airplane pilot.
    Time has gone and I became a Biologist with master and doctorate in Entomology...
    Now I work at Embrapa as a Researcher and dedicating all my time studying alternatives to help farmes to manage pest in agricuture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a Child, I would like to work at a bank, like my parents, but, nowadays, It's not my dream anymore. I would like to work in multinacionais like Unilever, Lóreal or in a magazine editorial like Vogue. I love fashion, artists, beauty products and make up.

    ReplyDelete